Earlier this week, my friend Amanda at Life is a Spectrum
foisted off bestowed a new blogger’s award on me, The Memetastic Award. It was conceived by Jillsmo at Yeah. Good Times. I had to Google “meme” to find out what I was “tastic” at! Apparently, “meme” rhymes with “cream”, and describes a concept that spreads via the Internet. Here’s the award:
(I feel younger just displaying it…maybe I should start dotting my “i”‘s with little hearts? It almost makes me want to start using Emoticons…ooh, the horror!).
The rules for accepting The Memetastic Award are as follows:
1. You must proudly display the “absolutely disgusting graphic” (her words) that Jillsmo created in your post [check].
2. You must list 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies (I can totally do that…it will be fun!).
3. You must pass this award on to 5 bloggers that you either like or don’t like or don’t really have much of an opinion about. I’ve decided to
pick on pass it on to bloggers I haven’t previously spread lies good words about. Jill claims to not care why we picked who we pick, but I’m going to tell you why (Amanda picked me because she said she thought I would provide a happy home for the “maniacally-delighted cat”…unfortunately, Jim and his kids are allergic to cats! My daughter, Kaylee, has two cats with issues…maybe she has room for one more?).
4. If you FAIL to follow Rules #1-3, Jillsmo will become the stalker from hell (or something to that effect)…I’m not tempting fate on that one!
5. Once you’re finished, please link your celebratory post back to The Memetastic Hop, so Jillsmo can see how far her diabolical scheme has gone.
Five things about WENDY…which one is true?
1. I was once a principal dancer for the National Ballet of Canada, but was forced to retire due to a mysterious epidemic of hernias suffered by my male partners.
2. I used to have a bread-baking show on The Food Network called The Yeast You Can Do!
3. I recently took an action figure of Angelina Jolie on a photographic tour of my city, and I’m still allowed to walk around unsupervised in public.
4. Jim and I have a villa in Tuscany. We go there for a month at a time and stuff ourselves with food our kids don’t like, and listen to our music all day long!
5. My house is spotless, and filled with books, antiques and art.
victims winners are (in alphabetical order, by blog name):
1. Big Happy Nothing. Amiable Amiable has got lots of room at her house for the kitten, who’s sure to provide amusing antics to entertain AA and her husband (now that their children have moved out). The cat will help keep those pesky birds away from the bird feeder too!
2. Flying Gma’s Blog. Jeanne can entertain the cat by taking it up with her when she flies her plane. I’d suggest investing in a kitty-carrier, though…might be kind of hard to see where you’re going with a crazed cat wrapped around your face!
3. H is for Happiness. Harsha is more a dog person than a cat person, I think, but her little fellow, Ishaan, would have fun with a kitten, especially a mischievous one! I bet the maniacal cat has never been to India!
4. I’ll Have Nunavut. Ian and Suzanne really need another cat to keep the older ones young. They could always use it as a scarf to keep warm too!
5. Lady Justine’s Blog. Lady Justine already has a menagerie at her house in France…she’s such a soft touch with animals, she’ll be happy about adding a kitten to the mix. Maybe it can help her potty-train Tilly!
Be sure to check out all their blogs and
harass ask them when they’re going to post the obnoxious kitten! Thanks again to Amanda for this honour…stop in at her blog too!